Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The penultimate blog

The online versions of productivity software represent a huge leap forward in facilitating group interaction. Even on a personal level, it means that I will be able to collaborate with friends around the world in writing articles, without the usual tedious back & forthing of emails & routing from A to B to C. Not only is it a great timesaver, it's also free. What more could I ask?
Within the library, as we have a number of sites & there are generally projects that staff are cooperating on who are not in close proximity, Google docs will make everything so much simpler & easy to coordinate.
I've transferred a travel diary I've been working on to Google docs (& shared it with nswpln@gmail.com) It needs a lot of work & I would like my brother, who is overseas, to be able to make ongoing suggestions & my wife, from her computer at uni. to be able to edit my more blatant lies & jog my memory. She wrote half the original diary, but I've exercised poetic license in my transcription.
Here's a little picture from the diary to relieve the tedium of my drivellings.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Your collaborative writing sounds interesting.

Ellen (PLS)