Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Nothing penultimate about this blog!

It's true, the last of the series. I never thought I'd make it, much less enjoy myself along the way. It's certainly been an eye opener & hopefully I'll be able to introduce more & more of the things I've learned into my professional activities as time goes on.
So now we have social networking & the possibility of expanding our contacts seemingly infinitely. Maybe I can find a whole world of sad people also interested in the obscure art of medieval widget construction. As for the Second Life Library Project, that's truly mindblowing. I thought it was disturbing enough that I dream about work, now I have the possibility of actually entering an alternate library reality!
Seriously though, social networking will become a fundamental feature of our professional life. It will enable us to network as never before. The mind boggles at the ideas that will flow from peers around the world who face similar challenges in radically different ways. Sharing our experiences & floating suggestions can only enhance the service we provide. The interaction it will facilitate between us & our clients & between our clients will also make us a social hub.

No comments: