Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week 4

This is great, RSS will give us all the opportunity to find out the latest doings of Brittany Spears as they're reported. How our lives will be enriched! Seriously though, I have signed up for BBC news feeds & Scientific American & so will be alerted to developments I might otherwise have to wait hours or days to find out. When I put it like that, it doesn't sound like it will make much difference to me though. Still, I can see that in a lot of contexts it would be very useful.
From a professional point of view, I will subscribe to some library related sites which will alert me to developments in service delivery and generally what's going on out there. The ABS for librarians is an excellent way of familiarising oneself with the latest news & info. of popular interest in this area.
Obviously, public libraries will be able to utilise RSS in various ways to provide better access to info. for their clients. We should encourage our clients to subscribe to our sites as this could be a great way to publicise upcoming events etc.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Is set up a feed from the SMH to my blog...we really are getting news greedy aren't we!

Leanne